What is an eConsult?
An eConsult is a digital healthcare modality (asynchronous) that allows primary care providers to obtain a specialist’s advice for a patient’s care and treatment plan.
eConsult2U - Specialty Insights On-Demand for Better Patient Outcomes
eConsult2U is an industry leading PCP-to-specialist eConsult platform built by physicians for physicians. It streamlines access to specialty care, utilizing Telemed2U’s 80+ medical and behavioral health specialists in over 20 specialty and sub-specialty areas.
The platform offers simple and mobile friendly asynchronous (store and forward) electronic consultations for PCPs to connect with specialists within the Telemed2U specialty network to review and discuss patient health information and resolve treatment needs or provide interim care oversight, which in turn:
- Expedites access to specialty care
- Reduces specialty appointment wait times
- Expands scope of PCP patient care oversight
- Improves patient health outcomes
- Increases overall patient satisfaction
- Lowers overall cost of care
In today’s healthcare environment, primary care providers are burdened with managing hundreds of specialists in their referral network. Millions of patients struggle to get timely access to specialist insights and care when they need it. eConsult2U was built to alleviate these challenges.
Did You Know?
- 65-75%of PCPs receive specialist responses, treatments, and management advice that resolve their patient needs via eConsult.
- 3 out of 8patients DON’T belong in a waiting or ER room. Millions struggle to get access to specialty care, resulting in poor outcomes and higher cost of care.
- 70%of the time, patients served by eConsults generally do not have to see a doctor in person.
- 69%of consults can be resolved virtually, according to a recent study published by health affairs.
- 19 Days in waiting time is saved on average with eConsultsfor specialty care appointments.
How it Works
- PCP requests for specialist consultation via eConsult2U platform
- eConsult2U matches and routes PCP's patient data and request to a specialist
- Specialist reviews and responds to consultation request within hours
- Specialist's consultation response is sent back to the PCP via the eConsult2U platform
- HIPAA + HITECH compliant secure e-messaging platform
- Simple, modern interface that works flawlessly with any mobile device
- Intelligent, automated matching via auto assign to the correct specialist based on availability
- Access to 80+ board certified specialists in 20+ specialties
- Responses by specialists within hours
- Seamless integration with clinical EHR systems and workflows
- Training, onboarding, best practices for eConsultadoption and live support